Winter in July!
Temperatures are heating up, but the Phoenix Zoo is transforming into a winter wonderland
on Saturday, July 14!
Chill out in nearly 50 tons of snow, splash around at the wet and wild play areas, and watch our lovable animals enjoy icy treats.
All activities are included with general Zoo admission.
Never been to Winter in July? Check out these photos!EVENTS & ACTIVITIES
Lakeside: “The Winter Games”
- 48 tons of snow for guests
- Arizona Ice Wagon
- Snow Targets
- Cornhole Snow Toss
- Squirt Gun Targets
- Toddler Snow Pile (ages 5 and under)
- Snow “Paint”
- WEATHER ADVISORY: Watch out for the snowy “blizzard” every hour!
- Live music and games with DJ Jason
- Photo-Op: Take a picture with a Winter Games backdrop!
- Pedestal 1st place, 2nd place and 3rd place
- Curling sport backdrop: brooms and curling piece with circular stone
- The Goddard School
- First Aid
- Cool Zone
Plaza de los Nińos
- Meet firefighters from the Phoenix Fire Department
- Learn about water safety
- Tour the fire truck
- Tons of snow for elephants and orangutans
- Stay cool at our Leapin’ Lagoon and Yakulla Caverns water play areas.
Endangered Species Carousel | $2 Member, $3 General
Camel Rides | $5 Member, $6 General
Stingray Bay I $3 Member, $4 General
4-D Theater | $4 Member, $5 General
Safari Cruiser | $5 Member, $6 General
Train runs all day along alternate Africa Trail route.
“CHILLY” CREATURE FEATURES
8:15 a.m.: AAR Creature Feature (Enchanted Forest Amphitheater)
8:30 a.m.: Komodo dragon mini shower
9 a.m.: Elephant
9:30 a.m.: Monkey Village icy treats
10 a.m.: Emu mini shower
10:30 a.m.: AAR Creature Feature (Enchanted Forest Amphitheater)
10:45 a.m.: Cheetah/painted dog