Winter in July!
Temperatures are heating up, but the Phoenix Zoo is transforming into a winter wonderland
on Saturday, July 14! Chill out in nearly 50 tons of snow, splash around at the wet and wild play areas, and watch our lovable animals enjoy icy treats.
All activities are included with general Zoo admission.
Never been to Winter in July? Check out these photos!EVENTS & ACTIVITIES
Lakeside: “The Winter Games”
In Phoenix? During the summer? That’s right! Take a break from the heat and celebrate The Winter Games with super fun events and activities all day long!
- Snow Targets | Cornhole Snow Toss | Snow “Paint” | Winter Games-themed Contests & Activities | Winter Games Photo-Op
Let it Snow!
- WEATHER ADVISORY: Watch out for the snowy “blizzard” every hour!
- Toddler Snow Pile (ages 5 and under)
- TONS of snow for our elephants and orangutans to play in, eat and cool off!
- Stay cool at our Leapin’ Lagoon and Yakulla Caverns water play areas.
- Live music and games with DJ Jason
- First Aid | Cool Zone
Plaza de los Nińos
- Meet firefighters from the Phoenix Fire Department and tour the fire truck!
- Endangered Species Carousel | Camel Rides | Stingray Bay | 4-D Theater | Safari Cruiser
“CHILLY” Creature Features
- 8:15 a.m.: Animal Discovery (Enchanted Forest Amphitheater)
- 8:30 a.m.: Komodo dragon mini shower
- 9 a.m.: Elephant
- 9:30 a.m.: Monkey Village icy treats
- 10 a.m.: Emu mini shower
- 10:30 a.m.: Animal Discovery (Enchanted Forest Amphitheater)
- 10:45 a.m.: Cheetah/painted dog