HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR ART DIGITALLY
Zoomation 2008 at the Phoenix Zoo wants you to celebrate spring through self-expression. We need you to create art that will be viewed at Zoomation as well as shared with the world on this website.
What does spring mean to you? How do you feel about spring? Do you look forward to spring? Show your impressions and feelings with digital pictures, slide shows, sounds, drawings, short songs, poems, animations or videos. We’ll post them on the official Zoomation website. You’ll be able to see and hear other people’s creative impressions of Spring from around the world. Submit as an individual, a family, a class, a club or team. And if you visit the Phoenix Zoo during the Zoomation event March 12 – 16 and 19 – 23, 2008 you’ll see a selection of the creations “mashed up” and projected as part of the Zoo’s celebration of spring.
When you click on the link above you will be required to create an “account” so that you can view and submit to the online gallery and to Zoomation. You will also be able to access specific category criteria.
• Pencil or ink drawings
• Short shots of places, things, ideas, etc.
4) AUDIO TEXT FILES
• Ambient sounds, event sounds, stories, original music.
• Artwork must be an artistic self-expression of what spring means to you and be nature related, realistic, comical, serious, contemplative or fantasy-like.
• All submissions must be your original work.
• Submissions are due Monday, February 25, 2008.
• Zoomation is open to everyone.
• A Zoomation committee will review the submissions and select what will be digitally displayed during Zoomation and in the Zoomation online gallery.
• You must own legal rights to use all media and audio in your work.
• When you submit something you agree to let the Phoenix Zoo use all media included in your work for unlimited public playback on the Zoomation screens and website for at least three years.
• All artwork displayed must be appropriate for the general public, including children, and must reflect the high standards of the Phoenix Zoo. Nudity, violence, crude or offensive lyrics or language and commercial messaging are strictly prohibited.
• Artists will be credited in conjunction with their work.
• The Phoenix Zoo will not compensate artists who are accepted into Zoomation.