- Padfoot the Painting Ocelot
- Unique jaguar makes public debut
- Jaguar gets new smile thanks to Valley team
- Rhinoceros Hornbill Chick
- New Jaguar on Exhibit!
- Zoo Babies! Black Footed Ferrets
- Positive Effects for Andean Bears
- Learn More About Phoenix Zoo Animals
- Budgett's Frog
- Poison Dart Frogs
- Patagonian Cavy
- All About the Desert Tortoise
- The Turkey Vulture
- Meet the Phoenix Zoo Meerkat Family
- The American Bald Eagle, Our Nation's Symbol
- Ruppell's Griffon Vulture Facts
- Facts About the Common Raven
- Undulated and Laced Moray Eels and the Coral Reef
- Giant Vietnamese Centipede
- The Phoenix Zoo's Asian Elephants
- When It Comes to Bird Beaks, Size Does Matter
- Petting Zoo at Harmony Farm
- Wild Dogs
- My Arts Community
Padfoot the Painting Ocelot
Our very own Padfoot will have his artwork featured in an upcoming auction by the Association of Zoos & Aquariums.
Padfoot is a 7-year-old ocelot born right here at the Phoenix Zoo. His painting career began in 2004 when keepers thought it would be fun to engage him in some behavioral enrichment - providing him with mental and physical stimulation to increase natural and healthy behavior.
They brought out a blank canvass and began painting blotches for Padfoot's inspiration. He was quickly intrigued and began using his head, neck and the larger part of his body to achieve his desired masterpiece – a rare notion considering most cats who paint use their paws. The most unique element Padfoot adds to complete each piece is to sign his famous autograph with a signature spray of urine.
His latest work "Safari Night" will be auctioned off via Internet for the Art by Animals auction