- Padfoot the Painting Ocelot
- Unique jaguar makes public debut
- Jaguar gets new smile thanks to Valley team
- Rhinoceros Hornbill Chick
- New Jaguar on Exhibit!
- Zoo Babies! Black Footed Ferrets
- Positive Effects for Andean Bears
- Learn More About Phoenix Zoo Animals
- Budgett's Frog
- Poison Dart Frogs
- Patagonian Cavy
- All About the Desert Tortoise
- The Turkey Vulture
- Meet the Phoenix Zoo Meerkat Family
- The American Bald Eagle, Our Nation's Symbol
- Ruppell's Griffon Vulture Facts
- Facts About the Common Raven
- Undulated and Laced Moray Eels and the Coral Reef
- Giant Vietnamese Centipede
- The Phoenix Zoo's Asian Elephants
- When It Comes to Bird Beaks, Size Does Matter
- Petting Zoo at Harmony Farm
- Wild Dogs
- My Arts Community
Petting Zoo at Harmony Farm
The Petting Zoo is open daily from 8 a.m. – 1:45 p.m.
Pet and brush the goats in the large Red Barn at Harmony Farm. This experience is a favorite for all ages as well as for the goats!
As you leave the Red Barn, stop by the grassy area to see a model of a milking cow provided by Shamrock Farms.
Be sure to stop by the new Windmill House. Inside you'll find a perfect place for kids to learn and play at the same time. This area is full of toys and games to help children explore where their food comes from, how to care for farm animals, what life is like on a farm and the benefits of eating healthy foods. The shelves inside the Holstein Room (the front room) are filled with puppets, puzzles, children's books and much more. The room also features the Arizona Milk Producers' milk bottle kiosk with fun interactive dairy and nutrition games. While families play in the front, the Jersey Room (the back room) is set aside for the Zoo's Farm Tots program, 4-H meetings, birthday parties and other activities.
Finally, don't forget to take the little ones to play at the Fisher-Price® Little People® Discovery Farm™. This unique play space is complete with animal statues to care for, a play tractor to drive and even a miniature-sized Red Barn.
Don't miss out on our Programs!
We also offer exciting programs to explore Harmony Farm even more. Farm Tots introduces children ages 18 – 24 months to farm animals and caregiving with a different animal theme each month. Children ages 6 – 8 years can be a farm keeper through our Critter Keeper program. Visit here for more details.