We have a day for giving thanks. We have two for getting deals. Now, we have day to give back. On Tuesday, November 29, celebrate generosity and give back. Giving ZOOday is about the impact zoos and aquariums have on their communities by engaging visitors to be stewards of the environment and save species from extinction. It’s also about how these institutions give back by mentoring their staff and volunteers to support a wide range of causes.
On November 29, support the non-profit Phoenix Zoo in our efforts to inspire people and motivate them to care for the natural world. In partnership with #GivingTuesday, donate to our #GivingZOOday campaign that will aid in care for our animals, educate youth and further conservation efforts both locally and globally.
Here are some of the phenomenal accomplishments we’ve made thanks to generous donors like you!
- Behavioral enrichment items: sand for elephants, Exo Terra Gecko Cave for reptiles, KONG toys for primates, traffic safety cones for equine
- Medical equipment: Im3 and Nomad dental radiography system, elephant care equipment for emergency medical procedures
- Exhibit upgrades: jaguar exhibit expansion, new curassow exhibit, Grand Cayman blue iguanas and San Esteban chuckwallas
- Education: tablets for Camp Zoo participants, 38,364 underserved children were granted scholarships to experience the Zoo’s education programs
- Conservation: first release of the narrow-headed garter snake, over 23,000 frogs and tadpoles released into the wild
The Phoenix Zoo thanks you for all of your support. Our staff and animal ambassadors are grateful for every contribution you’ve made to support our conservation efforts.