Join us as we celebrate Arizona
statehood and amazing native species!
February 10, 2019
9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
All activities are included with general admission.
Children ages 2 and under are free.
Happy birthday, Arizona! Celebrate 107 years of statehood featuring Arizona-themed plants, animals and culture!
Entertainment and Activities
- Animal Discoveries
- Every 20 minutes at:
9 a.m. | 10 a.m. | 11 a.m. | Noon
1 p.m. | 2 p.m. | 3 p.m.
- 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. | ZooTeens (located across from Stingray Bay)
Education and activities on desert plants, reptiles and vultures
- Touch and feel booth
- Healthy vegetables/plants that are adaptable to AZ weather
- Saguaro flower station
- Make a white saguaro flower using cupcake wrappers!
- 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. | Ted Newman: The Singing Cowboy
- DJ Jason
- Giant, inflatable cowboy dart game
- Two Western-themed inflatables
- 5 Cs of Arizona booth: Copper, Cotton, Citrus, Cattle, Climate
- Activities for each!
- Paper doll crafts
- Cactus ring toss game
- Complimentary face painting
- Midwestern caricatures by Brigham Kerr
- Western-themed photo-op
- 9:30 a.m. | AZ Aviary: Birds/Prairie Dog
- 9:45 a.m. | California Condor
- 10 a.m. | White-nosed Coati
- 10:30 a.m. | Aldabra Tortoise
- 11 a.m. | Rhea
- 11:15 a.m. | Chilean Flamingo
- 11:30 a.m. | Galapagos Tortoise
- Noon | Visayan Warty Pig
- 12:30 p.m. | Sloth
- 1:30 p.m. | Asian Elephant
Multiple shifts are available from 8:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. and Noon – 4 p.m. Come celebrate the 107th anniversary of Arizona’s statehood by providing Zoo guests the opportunity to learn about the culture and creatures of our state! [Register Here!]