Join the Phoenix Zoo for a day of moving and grooving for the animals!
Fundraising proceeds benefit the Phoenix Zoo and the Tiger Conservation Campaign.
Saturday, March 9, 2019
5K Run/Walk | 7 – 9:30 a.m. Fitness Festival | 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Our third annual Zoo Move & Groove is a celebration of getting healthy and staying fit… with a unique Phoenix Zoo twist! This general admission event, immediately following our Zoo Move & Groove 5K Run/Walk, will host an array of vendors as well as featuring diverse forms of exercise for guests to experience and enjoy.
Zoo doors open to all at 8 a.m. / Event Start is 9 a.m.
5k Registration allows free entry into park.
Event activities included in general admission.
- Festival Activities
- Tiger Conservation Campaign
Endurance, agility and strength: Do you have what it takes to be a Zoo Ninja Warrior? Scottsdale Parkour & Freerunning will be on site to demo their skills, run you through your paces and unleash your inner warrior!
Get ready to bounce, bump, and shake your booty! Our Lakeside areas will definitely keep you moving and grooving.
- Try out the Bounce Zone! Bounce your way to fun & fitness with these action-packed inflatables.
- Hit the DJ Dance and Fitness Classes (Zoomba – Belly Dance – Pound Fit – Latin Dance) and learn some funky new moves and enjoy multi-cultural music in these 15-minute family-friendly classes.
- Party with Big Red of the Arizona Cardinals (9:30 – 10:30 a.m.) and Howler from the Arizona Coyotes (10 – 11 a.m.)!
- Don’t miss Lakeside Tent and Savanna Park for sponsor fun, fitness activities, nutrition info and MORE!
- Booths: www.arizonamilk.org, KIND, Future for Kids, Dignity Kids
NEELY CENTER ACTIVITIES
- Face Painting – FREE!
- Teddy Bear Clinic – Bring your own teddy bear or plush toy for a “check-up” and learn about the health and wellbeing of our Phoenix Zoo animals.
- Xtreme Laser Tag Maze – Run, jump, tag… you’re it!
- PlayArtYoga – Kids learn to relax and be mindful through the practice of art and yoga.
Test your fitness at our designated Wild Walk stations that simulate animal movement. Finish the activity and win a prize!
Wild Walk Stations
- Critter Fitness (Enchanted Forest Amphitheater) | 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Special Animal Appearances | 9:30 a.m. |10:30 a.m. | 11:30 a.m. | 12:30 p.m.
Enjoy as our own animals get special Zoo Move & Groove treats and activities!
- 9:30 a.m. | AZ Aviary: Birds and Prairie Dogs (AZ Trail)
- 9:45 a.m. | California Condor (AZ Trail)
- 10 a.m. | White-nosed Coati (AZ Trail)
- 10:30 a.m. | Gerenuk (Africa Trail)
- 11:15 a.m. | Monkey Village (Tropics Trail)
- 11:45 a.m. | Rhea (Tropics Trail)
- Noon | Chilean Flamingo (Tropics Trail)
- 12:30 p.m. | Jaguar (Tropics Trail)
TIGERS ONCE ROAMED ACROSS MUCH OF ASIA.
TODAY, FEWER THAN 4,000 REMAIN.
LET’S JOIN FORCES TO SECURE A
FUTURE FOR WILD TIGERS.
Accredited zoos across North America are mobilizing to raise awareness about wild tigers and funding for their survival. The Tiger Conservation Campaign is coordinated by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums’ Tiger Species Survival Plan, the Phoenix Zoo and the Minnesota Zoo.