Experience a unique, project-based learning program that brings the Phoenix Zoo to you! Self-paced curriculum includes lessons for 60 minutes per week for 9 weeks. Designed to be flexible to fit the needs of classrooms doing virtual learning,
in-person learning or a combination of both.
Project Orangutan is fun, fascinating and promotes hands-on, authentic
What is included in the program?
- In-depth Teacher Guide with:
- Arizona State Standards Alignment (Science, ELA, Math, Educational Technology)
- Detailed content outlines and lesson plans
- Comprehensive materials list
- Assessment rubrics
- Student Guide that outlines the overall project timeline, key vocabulary and assessment criteria
- Pre-post assessment and formative assessments
- Student Research Notebook PDF
- Support materials for each lesson including pre-recorded videos, recommended research sources and activity worksheets
- A live, virtual 30-minute Q&A session with a Phoenix Zoo educator **
- Add a second 30-minute live, virtual check-in with a Zoo educator
- Add a virtual, live encounter with ambassador animals to your session
Add-on Program Fee: $50 per add-on (in addition to the $175 program fee)
Meets Arizona Academic Standards and Next Generation Science Standards
40 attendees per classroom
$175 per classroom
To register or learn more, call 602.914.4333. Once registered, you’ll receive a confirmation email with additional details.