- Working at the Phoenix Zoo
- Application Process
- Current Openings
- Food & Retail Opportunities
- Careers FAQs
The non-profit Phoenix Zoo is always on the lookout for passionate individuals who are dedicated to the Zoo’s mission: To inspire and motivate people to care for the natural world.
The Zoo is also committed to attracting, developing and retaining highly qualified employees. As a cultural destination and conservation organization, we offer a variety of career opportunities including positions in animal management, development, education, facilities, horticulture, guest services, information technology, marketing, accounting, security and more.
http://psycheducation.org/wp-content/languages/it/index.html – tutta la verita' vera verissima sulle farmacie on line, la sibutramina, il Reductil e sulla Lida daidaihua. Looking for volunteer opportunities? Please visit our volunteer page.
Competitive Benefits Package
The Arizona Center for Nature Conservation is committed to maintaining the health and well-being of its employees. We offer a wide range of benefits for qualified employees designed to address the diverse needs of our employees and their families, such as:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Coverage (Domestic Partnership Benefits Available)
- Life, Accidental Death & Personal Loss Insurance, Occupational Life, and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) plan with match
- Phoenix Zoo Membership
- Generous Personal Time Off (PTO)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee WILD Rewards Program
- Service Awards
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program (for qualified courses)
- Employee Cultural Exchange Program
- Plus Outside Vendor Discounts
- To establish a complete pre-employment file, please complete an online application for each position you are interested in. Your application will be retained in active status for one calendar year. If your qualifications meet our needs, we will contact you for further information and a possible interview.
- Available positions with the Arizona Center for Nature Conservation are listed on this page.
- Review the job description of the position for an understanding of the essential duties and minimum qualifications for each position you are interested in. Only those applicants meeting the minimum qualifications for a position will be considered.
- To apply in person, please visit our Admissions Booth at our front entrance of the Zoo to request a paper application.
- Resumes will not be accepted without an application for a posted position.
If you are a top candidate for a current opening, we will contact you within a few weeks of the position closing. Unfortunately, due to the number of applications and resumes we receive, we are only able to respond to those applicants who best match our current openings.
Drug Free Workplace
Please understand that if offered employment, you may as a final condition of employment, be required to successfully complete a background check and a physical examination including a substance test. Additionally, consistent with the ACNC Drug and Alcohol Policy, you understand that you may be requested to submit to a screening for illegal drugs and/or alcohol during your employment, as the Phoenix Zoo is a drug free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Arizona Center for Nature Conservation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability that does not preclude performance of essential job duties, or any other status protected by law.
The ACNC supports and promotes work force diversity and strives to foster a work environment of respect and inclusiveness where the contributions of all workers are valued and recognized.
At Will Employer
The ACNC dba Phoenix Zoo is an AT WILL employer. If employed, you understand that your employment is entered into voluntarily and you are free to resign at any time, with or without notice. Similarly, the Phoenix Zoo is free to conclude the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause or notice.
The Arizona Center for Nature Conservation Participates in E-Verify
Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. This employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employees Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Arizona Center for Nature Conservation (Phoenix Zoo) Positions:
Most employees of the Phoenix Zoo are employed by the Arizona Center for Nature Conservation. The Arizona Center for Nature Conservation, employs all staff that work in our Living Collections, Administrative, Operation, Guest Service, Group Events and Educational Departments.
The Arizona Center for Nature Conservation is an Equal Opportunity, AT WILL employer who participates in E-Verify. Please understand that if offered employment, you may as a final condition of employment, be required to successfully complete a background check and a physical examination including a substance test. Additionally, consistent with the ACNC Drug and Alcohol Policy, you understand that you may be requested to submit to a screening for illegal drugs and/or alcohol during your employment, as the Phoenix Zoo is a drug free workplace.
Internal Applicants (current employees & volunteers of the Zoo) please click here to apply for positions as an internal candidate.
- Full-time Regular (Works 40 hours per week)
- Part-time Regular (Works 28 hours or less per week)
- Part-time Seasonal (Works 28 hours or less per week for typically more than three months but less than one year)
- Full-time Temporary (Works 40 hours or less for typically three months or less)
- Part-time Temporary (Works 28 hours or less for typically three months or less)
Employment Opportunities in Food Service and Retail:
Lancer Catering, Event Network and Photogenic employ individuals at the Phoenix Zoo, too!
All employees while working for one of these partners will receive complimentary Zoo membership and discounts on days worked.
You can reach these organizations using the information below to learn about job opportunities, benefit information or if you have any questions.
Lancer Catering – Food Service Positions within the Zoo
Lancer Hospitality’s approach focuses on fresh and fun food concepts that reflect culinary trends, ever mindful of our commitment to model sustainable practices. We operate fast-paced, high-volume food service operations at the Zoo. Lancer seeks experienced cashiers, line cooks, prep cooks, and warehouse staff for food service and catering operations at the Zoo. We are looking for high energy part-time AND full-time team members.
– Full and Part-Time positions available
– A competitive wage based on experience
– 60 day and 120 day Incentive for attendance working scheduled shift
– A Great work environment with friendly staff, customers and management team
Lancer supports the food service within the Phoenix Zoo, and is not affiliated with the zoo itself. Please do not contact the Zoo directly for these positions, you may submit interest and resumes to Trina at email@example.com
Lancer Hospitality is an EEO, ADA and Veteran Friendly Employer.
Event Network – Retail Store Positions within the Zoo
Any interest in Retail store positions should be addressed to our Retail Store Partner – Event Network. Please call 602.914.4307 or Event Network online for more information.
Photogenic, Inc. – Positions within the Zoo
Photogenic, Inc. at the Phoenix Zoo is looking for reliable, hardworking and energetic individuals to join our team. This fall brings new adventures to the Zoo, and you could be a part of it!
We are looking to build a team of solid, outgoing individuals who know the value of outstanding customer service, enjoy being outdoors and want to be a part of a team that helps to create great memories.
Our team members are responsible for:
• Welcoming and directing guests through the line
• Taking quality souvenir photographs for venue guests
• Editing and printing photos
• Inviting guests to view their photos and complete sales of souvenir photographs
• Engaging all guests in a friendly manner
Photography experience is desired but not required. We are happy to teach the right people!
We currently have part-time hours available, with full-time hours available in the fall/winter. Staff hired now would be eligible for increased hours during our season peaks. Our flexible schedules are great for students or anyone who prefers working varying hours. Advancement is available; we are also looking for people who want to grow with us.
If this sounds like you, apply on our website: Photogenicinc.com/careers
Photogenic, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disabilities or any other protected status.
Lancer Catering, Event Network and Photogenic employees are not employed by the Phoenix Zoo and do not receive the Arizona Center for Nature Conservation benefits package.
How do I become an animal keeper?
If you are serious about becoming a keeper then we recommend that you get as much hands-on experience with domestic, preferably exotic, animals as possible. And depending on the job a Bachelor of Science degree in the Life Sciences such as Biology or Wildlife Management may be required.
What are some ways to gain animal experience?
- Volunteer at The Phoenix Zoo
- Veterinary offices
- Animal training classes
- Local Humane Society
- Local Park Service
- Wildlife rehabilitation centers
- Animal shelters
- Pet Breeders
- Horse Stables and boarding facilities
- 4-H Clubs
Does it help to work in another capacity at the Phoenix Zoo, such as an entry level position?
Yes, there are advantages for existing employees applying for open job positions in the Zoo. Be aware that some jobs may require that you stay in the position for a minimum length of time. If you are not an employee, then become a volunteer. As an employee or a volunteer you will have the opportunity to become familiar with the Zoo and network with the appropriate staff. Please keep in mind that competition is very strong for some job titles and the applicant who best meets the educational requirements and has the most appropriate work experience will be offered the job.
If I am interested in more than one job do I need to submit more than one application and/or resume?
Yes, if you are applying for more than one position you need to submit an application and/or resume for each job opening.
Can I send you a resume to keep on file for future openings?
No, applications and/or resumes are accepted for current job openings only.
Do you offer internships?
Internships, when available, are posted with our Current Openings.
Do you offer volunteer opportunities?
Yes, click here for more information about volunteering.
What is the best way to apply for a job?
Any of the following ways would be acceptable:
- Apply Online on this website
- In person please visit our Admissions Booth during operational hours at our front entrance of the Zoo located at 455 N. Galvin Parkway, Phoenix, AZ 85008.