- 5K Run – Registration starts at 6 a.m.
- Race starts at 7:50 a.m.
- One-mile Leisure Loop – Registration starts at 6 a.m.
- Walk starts at 8 a.m. (recommended for families and non-competitive runners)
- Snooze for the Zoo: Not a morning person but would like to support the Zoo? For $25, you can donate to the Zoo, receive a Zoo Move & Groove t-shirt and hit snooze on your alarm clock!
- Packet pick-up option on Friday, March 6 from 3:30 – 6:30 p.m. at Sole Sports in Tempe (map)
- Pre-race breakfast and snacks provided
- Commemorative T-shirt provided for every registered individual (including Snooze for the Zoo)
- Medals and additional t-shirts available to take home with a $10 donation
- Prizes for first, second and third place runners (5K only)
March 7, 2020
5K Race begins at 7:50 a.m.
Walk begins at 8 a.m.
Fit Festival: 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
(Check out the schedule of activities below!)
Standard Pricing: $35
Event Day Pricing: $45
Snooze for the Zoo Pricing: $25
join the mob!
The Zoo is building a meerkat habitat! Upon completion, a “mob” of these highly social, small carnivores will call the Phoenix Zoo home. Join the Phoenix Zoo for a day of moving and grooving for the animals! When you donate today, you’ll be joining the “mob” and dedicating your gift to the meerkats! With your support, the expansion of the Africa Trail will be the Zoo’s largest capital project to date, spanning six acres and resulting in an immersive experience for guests, including a new habitat for meerkats which are sure to become a new favorite at the Zoo.
Activities are geared towards kids and families such as bounce houses and circus activities! This general admission event, immediately following our Zoo Move & Groove 5K will host an array of vendors and feature diverse forms of exercise for guests of all ages to experience and enjoy.
All Zoo Move & Groove Festival activities are included with 5K Run/Walk registration or regular Zoo admission!
Zoo doors open to all at 8 a.m. | Event starts at 9 a.m.
fit festival schedule of activities
Move Like A Meerkat
Make your way through a Meerkat tunnel to find one of our (plush) Meerkats a tasty treat – bugs! Turn your meerkat snack in for a prize!
Check out some new fitness trends in these 15 – 25 minute family friendly classes.
- 9:30 a.m. | POUND Rockout Workout
- 10 a.m. | Pure Barre Tempe
- 10:30 a.m. | TruHit
- 11 a.m. | riseUP Recover
- 11:30 a.m. | Ballet Fusion Fitness
- Noon | Eat The Frog Fitness
- Bungee Run
- Sports Bounce House
- Obstacle Course
- Basketball Shootout
- Wild on the Greens – Putt Putt Challenge
Elevate Yoga & Wellness
- Participants will move through fun, all levels aerial yoga class where breath is connected to movement. After a warm-up sequence, students will move through a creative flow with a focus on balancing and deep stretching, including an inversion. Class will end with a relaxing savasana where students will float, weightless above the ground. All levels are welcome. Class will start every 30 minutes and first come, first served.
Test your fitness at our featured Wild Walk stations that simulate animal movement. Finish the activity and win a prize!
Animal Presentations (10:30 a.m. and Noon)
Head to our NEW Doornbos Discovery Amphitheater to watch our Ambassador Animal Resources team in action!
- 9:30 a.m. | AZ Aviary: Birds (AZ Trail)
- 10:15 a.m. | Gerenuk (Africa Trail)
- 10:30 a.m. | African Painted Dog (Africa Trail)
- 11 a.m. | Monkey Village (Inner Tropics)
- 11:15 a.m. | Rhea & Chilean Flamingo (Outer Tropics)
- 11:30 a.m. | Galapagos Tortoise (Outer Tropics)
- Noon | Jaguar (Outer Tropics)
This is your chance to try out being a circus performer! Walk on a tight-wire, balance on the rola-bola, walk on stilts, juggle balls, diabolos, flower sticks, spinning plates, or show us your moves with a hula-hoop at the Phoenix Youth Circus Arts activity area. Adults and children can participate. Circus arts develop strength, flexibility, hand-eye coordination, balance, and creativity as well as being totally fun. Everyone can join the circus!