Bring the magic of summer camp
to your home any time with
Camp Zoo To You!
Campers will experience animal encounters, behind-the-scenes tours, guided visits to Zoo exhibits, craft and learning activities, and scientific investigations all without needing to step out of the house.
Three topics are available in each weekly session. Each topic is filled with hours of carefully curated, engaging digital content on a secure online platform. Choose your favorite topic or sign up for all of them to experience everything!
Camp Zoo to You is designed for individual campers in grades 3 – 6 to participate independently after some initial guidance from an adult. Activities address multiple learning styles and are flexible to meet individual learning/pace. Content is delivered by animated and engaging instructor staff who are trained in interpretive techniques and activity facilitation. All content is available in pre-recorded format, which will allow participants flexibility to access activities when it best suits schedules and individual needs.
Looking for content for a group afterschool program? Check out Camp Zoo at School!
- Session 1: December 21 – 27
- Session 2: December 28 – January 6
“Curricula/topics will be repeated each week.”
Camp Zoo To You Fees:
- Per Topic
- All Three Topics
Thank you for your interest in applying for a Camp Zoo To You Fee Waiver. Camp Zoo To You Fee Waivers are limited, and awarded to eligible recipients on a first come, first served basis.
Important Camp Zoo Fee Waiver Information:
• Qualifying campers must be entering grades 3 – 6 grade in the fall of 2020.
• Qualifying campers must be eligible for free and reduced-price meals and free milk per the eligibility guidelines
provided by the Department of Agriculture Child Nutrition Program
• Fee waivers may be used for any scheduled weekly session date (June 12 – September 25)
• All Camp Zoo To You participants must provide their own electronic device and internet connection to access
content, as well as any needed materials (materials list provided).
• Fee waivers are intended for use by families who meet the eligibility guidelines listed above.
• Additional information about
Build the Zoo
How does a Zoo create a home for animals? Campers will be able to answer that question and will develop their knowledge of zoology and animal care. Each topic will focus on a specific group of animals to learn about their adaptations, habitats and how we create exhibits that meet varied animal needs. Within each topic, campers will design and create their own Zoo exhibit. And who knows? Maybe their design will be inspiration for a new or redesigned Phoenix Zoo exhibit!
- Reptiles and Amphibians