Calling All Party Animals!
Let the Phoenix Zoo host your child’s next birthday party and enjoy a fun, stress-free day celebrating with friends and family. Perfect for your WILD explorer! Learn about classic zoo animals such as elephants, lions and monkeys. It’s sure to be a wildly good time!
The Zoo also hosts birthdays for adults! Visit our Host an Event page for more information.
- Birthday Packages
- Party Locations
- Package Add Ons
Hosted Birthday Party Package
Available Saturdays and Sundays
$325 – general, $275 – Phoenix Zoo members Become a member today!
(Prices increase beginning September 1, 2019 to $350 – general, $300 – Phoenix Zoo Members)
- Admission to the Zoo for up to 10 children and 12 adults
- Reserved party ramada for 1.5 hours
- Your own personal party host
- Party favor bag for each child
- T-shirt for the birthday child
- Craft activity with party host
- Cake, ice cream and lemonade for all party guests
- Plates, napkins, spoons and candles
- One carousel ride or Stingray Bay admission
HOSTED BIRTHDAY PARTY DETAILS
- $32.50 per additional child – general, $27.50 per additional child – member
- (Prices increase beginning September 1, 2019 to $35 per additional child – general, $30 per additional child – member)
- $24.95 per additional adult – general, Member adults FREE
- $75 deposit due at the time of reservation
- Reservations subject to availability
- Reservations must be made at least 3 weeks in advance
- Full payment is due 14 days prior to date of party
Balloons, noise makers, alcohol, piñatas or glassware are not permitted for the safety of the animals, you, your guests and other Zoo patrons. Your party is responsible for transportation and storage of party gifts, food and supplies.
Enjoy your birthday celebration at any one of our great ramada locations!
Tropical Flights – This covered location offers picturesque views of Gibbon Island where your guests can be entertained by this spectacular species.
• Available Saturdays and Sundays, September – May, 10 a.m., Noon, 2 p.m.
Siamang Ramada – This exciting location guarantees a swingin’ good time for any age. Go ahead and monkey around under this ramada, which is also close to the Zoo’s Harmony Farm!
• Available Saturdays and Sundays, September – May, 10:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
Windmill House – Enjoy your birthday in this newly renovated, quaint and cozy room located at Harmony Farm.
• Available Saturdays and Sundays, September – May, 10:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
C. W. and Modene Neely Education and Event Center – Overlooking the Zoo’s Main Lake, this state-of-the-art facility boasts spectacular views and modern rooms, perfect for hosting a unique birthday bash.
• Available Saturdays and Sundays, September – May, 10 a.m., Noon, 2 p.m. | June – August, 9 a.m., 9:30 a.m. 10 a.m., 11 a.m., 11:30 a.m., Noon (Zoo hours 7 a.m. – 2 p.m. )
You can add on to the basic party package as much as you want! Additional party items include:
Hosted Party Add-Ons:
- Additional child: $32.50 per – general, $27.50 per – member
- Additional adult: $24.95 per – general adult entry for non-member booked party, $19.95 – member guest adult entry for member booked party (member adults FREE with their own membership)
- Party favor bags: $2.50 each – general, $2.25 each – member
- Pizza: $12 each (large cheese or pepperoni, includes eight slices each)
- Additional cake: $25 each
- Additional T-shirts: $12 each (child XS-XL)
Hosted Party Activity Add-Ons:
- Private Animal Discovery Presentation: $50 – general, $45 – member (must book three weeks in advance, only available for Windmill House and Neely Center parties)
- Stingray Bay Admission: $2 per person
- Carousel ride: $2 per person
*Hosted Party add-ons are not available for Do-It-Yourself parties.
Additional Party Supplies and Activities for Do-It-Yourself Birthdays:
- Party favor bags: $2.50 each
- Cake: $25 each
Frequently Asked Questions
How long is my party?
A basic party is 1.5 hours in duration. As our parties are booked back to back, we ask that you do not arrive at your party Ramada more than 15 minutes before the start of your party. Your hostess will still be preparing for the start of your celebration.
How many people does my party include?
Your basic birthday party includes admission for 12 adults and 10 kids, including the birthday child.
What is the basic flow of a Zoo birthday party?
• Guest arrival
• Craft activity with the children
• Cake/ice cream/lemonade
• Party game (If time allows)
• Passing out of goodie bags/Stingray Bay or Endangered Species Carousel passes
• End of party
What if I have additional Party Guests?
Final number of attendees is due one week prior to your party!
Adults – Extra adults will be an additional charge. If the adults are members, they will be asked to show their membership card and will not be included in the count. If you do have to pay for extra adults, you are paying for their admission into the Zoo. Non-Member Adults are $24.95 each.
Children – As a birthday party is a separate event, additional party children do not get in under a membership and will be charged an additional fee. On the day of your party, your Phoenix Zoo hostess will conduct a guest head count and advise on what the additional charges will be. The Phoenix Zoo Call Center will contact you the following week for payment. All kids participating (doing crafts, receiving party favors, etc.) in the party are counted for charges even if they are ages two and under. Event hosts cannot take additional payments on the day of your event. Member children are $27.50 each, Non-Member children are $32.50 each.
* A large increase in your size of party can be accommodated by booking a double party. Double party bookings will get twice the number of admissions and a three-hour time slot.
How do I find my party location?
Party venue directions are included in your birthday party packet email.
What do my guests have to do when they get to the Zoo?
Your guests simply enter at the main turnstile and advise the Guest Services Ambassador stationed at the turnstile what party they are there for. The party will be listed under the child’s name.
How do my guests find the party location?
We highly recommend that you include a copy of the Zoo map and directions from your birthday party packet with each invitation, or have them visit phoenixzoo.org and print a copy.
Can I bring my own food and drink?
You can bring your own food as long as it has been commercially prepared. You are also more than welcome to bring a cooler with soda, water, etc. (No alcoholic beverages or glass bottles allowed.) The Zoo does not have ice for sale; you should bring your own in. The Zoo also does not have storage areas for coolers or other items before or after your party.
How do I get passes to the Endangered Species Carousel or Stingray Bay?
Your hostess will hand the tickets out at the end of your party. If you have a party booked later in the afternoon, 2:30 p.m. or later (12 p.m. or later June – August), we recommend you check in at the Endangered Species Carousel or Stingray Bay before your party – the Zoo will be closed soon after your party ends. They will admit your guests and take a tally.
I know I can add pizza to my party, but how many slices are there in each pizza?
Each pizza has eight slices. Four to six pizzas for a basic party should be plenty. We are not able to provide pizza for the 10 a.m. parties. When you order pizza through the Zoo, it is delivered to your party location with plates and napkins for pizza service. If you decide to bring in your own pizza or outside food, you are responsible for getting it to and from your party site and providing plates for your guests.
Does my party include a cake?
Yes! Your party comes with a beautifully decorated half-sheet cake. We also provide vanilla ice cream cups, lemonade, plates, napkins and utensils for cake service. You have a choice of white cake with vanilla buttercream frosting or chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream frosting. Unfortunately, special orders cannot be accommodated.
What about goodie bags?
Your party includes a party favor cup filled with goodies for each child. Also, the birthday child receives a special birthday t-shirt from the Zoo!
Can I Decorate?
You can bring in limited decorations for the party. No balloons, piñatas, confetti, streamers, etc. Anything the birthday party brings in for decoration should be brought out after the party ends. Guests will not be allowed to tack, nail or tape anything to Zoo structures or walls
Can I add more things to my party?
Yes, you can! See our ‘Package Add-Ons’ section on the Zoo website or your confirmation packet for more info.
What if I want to hire a face painter?
You may book a face painter or caricature artist for your party on your own. You will not be allotted any more time for this activity. It must take place during the scheduled 1.5 hours. The Zoo will not be able to make any special accommodations for these contracted artists (no transport, tables, chairs, tents, lighting, etc.). Artists will be required to walk themselves and all of their equipment in and out of the party location. Artists will not be given extra set up or clean up time. CLOWNS or COSTUMES are not allowed.
What is an Animal Discovery?
An Animal Discovery is a special presentation for your birthday party. A Zoo animal resources team member will show three to five animals during a 20 – 30 minute timeframe (must be in an indoor venue, reservations must be made three weeks in advance). Please note this would occur during your party time and does not add any additional time to your party.
What age group are your birthdays geared toward?
Our birthdays are recommended for children ages 3 – 12.
Can we come to the Zoo before the scheduled party time?
Yes! Your hosted party includes all day admission for you and all of your guests. We ask that you do not come to your party Ramada more than 15 minutes before the start of your party. We have parties booked before and after yours and need to allow the hostesses time to clean up.
What are the Zoo’s Operating Hours?
The Zoo is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. from September through May and 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. June through August.
What if it Rains?
Parties occur rain or shine. The Zoo will try and do our best to relocate the party to a dryer location if possible. If no covered locations are open to relocate parties, they will be held at the original booked location. Please come prepared with rain jackets and umbrellas. Pop up tents are not allowed.
What if we are late for our party time?
If you are late for your party time, we will not be able to extend the time at the end. Each party booking is allotted 1.5 hours only. You will be expected to end the party at the original end time.
For additional information or to book your party, please fill out the short form below. For other questions, please call 602-914-4333.