ZooReach Scholarships for the 2023-2024 school year are available starting September 5
Through generous donations from local individuals, corporations and foundations, the Phoenix Zoo is able to offer some of our educational opportunities at no cost to the school (or free to the school) under our ZooReach Scholarship Program.
ZooReach Scholarships are available for Arizona Department of Education designated Title I schools (grades K – 12) that have 50 percent or more of their enrollment on a free or reduced lunch program.
Our scholarship fund is limited and at this time we are only able to allow one free program per qualifying school.
Scholarships are available to qualifying schools on a first-come-first-served basis while funds last.
|Project Orangutan||Scholarship Value: $175|
|Live on Location||Scholarship Value: $200|
|Virtual Field Trip||Scholarship Value: $50|
|Virtual Outreach||Scholarship Value: $125|
|Overnight Night Camp||Scholarship Value: $2,664|
|Twilight Night Camp||Scholarship Value: $2,124|
If you’d like to book a free program with us, please click on your selected program below to complete the online booking form. If you have questions prior to completing the form, please email email@example.com.
Experience a unique, project-based learning program that brings the Phoenix Zoo to you! Self-paced curriculum includes lessons for 60 minutes per week for
9 weeks. Designed to be flexible to fit the needs of classrooms doing virtual learning, in-person learning or a combination of both.
Project Orangutan is fun, fascinating and promotes hands-on, authentic problem-solving.
What is included in the program?
- In-depth Teacher Guide with:
- Arizona State Standards Alignment (Science, ELA, Math, Educational Technology)
- Detailed content outlines and lesson plans
- Comprehensive materials list
- Assessment rubrics
- Student Guide that outlines the overall project timeline, key vocabulary and assessment criteria
- Pre-post assessment and formative assessments
- Student Research Notebook PDF
- Support materials for each lesson including pre-recorded videos, recommended research sources and activity worksheets
- A live, virtual 30-minute Q&A session with a Phoenix Zoo educator during Week 5 of the curriculum **
- Add a second 30-minute live, virtual check-in with a Zoo educator
- Add a virtual, live encounter with ambassador animals to your session
- Add-on Program Fee: $50 per add-on
- Grades: 3 – 6
- Group Size: Maximum of 40 attendees
- Platforms for the Virtual Q&A Session: Zoom and Google Meets
- Program Length: 9 weeks self-paced, with a 30-minute live virtual Q&A during week 5
- Scholarship Value: $175
Available starting at 9 a.m. on September 5.