Sensory Friendly ZooLights
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Face coverings are optional while visiting the Zoo. Please follow CDC guidelines in accordance with your personal health and vaccination status.
We have taken enhanced health and safety measures for our guests, Zoo employees and our animals. You must follow all posted instructions while visiting the Phoenix Zoo. Despite our efforts, an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the CDC, older adults and guests of any age who have serious underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. Guests should evaluate their risk in determining whether to visit. Visit our Safety Precautions page for more information.
Gates open at 5:30 p.m. and the event concludes at 10:30 p.m. each night.
No. At this time, we are not requiring proof of vaccination or a negative test.
Yes. ZooLights is closed for foot traffic on 11/29, 11/30, 12/6, 12/7, 12/13, 12/14, 1/3, 1/4, 1/10 and 1/11.
Yes. All tickets must be purchased online . If you need assistance purchasing tickets, please contact our Call Center at 602.914.4333 or e-mail email@example.com.
- All tickets must be purchased online . If you need assistance purchasing tickets, please contact our Call Center at 602.914.4333 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are visiting the Phoenix Zoo during the day, you may purchase Sensory Friendly ZooLights tickets at any one of the ticket windows if tickets are still available.
- Please note that Sensory Friendly ZooLights is for one night only (11/10/21). The Sensory Friendly ZooLights tickets cannot be used for regular ZooLights admission. And regular ZooLights tickets cannot be used for Sensory Friendly ZooLigths.
Guests that have pre-purchased ZooLights tickets the same night as their daytime visit are not allowed to stay in the Zoo until ZooLights opens at 5:30 p.m. They will need to leave Zoo grounds at 4 p.m. and return at 5:30 p.m. when ZooLights opens to the public.
- Only trained and vaccinated service animals can accompany you during your visit. When a guest brings a service animal to the Zoo, a Park Ranger will review the Service Animal Rules with the guest.
- This applies to both, Cruise drive-thru nights and Walk-Thru ZooLights nights.
- The Phoenix Zoo is located at 455 North Galvin Parkway, Phoenix, Arizona 85008. Free parking is available at the Phoenix Zoo in the main Papago Park parking lot off Galvin Parkway. If the main lot is full, additional free parking is available at Zoo overflow lots, which are located just as you turn into the Zoo.
- The main parking lot is city-owned, not Zoo-owned. The Phoenix Zoo is appreciative of the parking lot expansion conducted by the City of Phoenix to facilitate our guest needs.
- A loading/drop-off zone is available at the front of the Zoo. If you need to drop off or pick up a member of your party, please inform our parking attendants and they will direct you to the loading/drop-off zone. On busy nights, parking staff and message boards will provide detailed instructions and information to help minimize waiting and unexpected delays.
- Parking Tips:
- Purchase your tickets online to save time when you arrive.
- Carpool with family and friends.
- Watch for message boards when approaching the Zoo for parking information.
- Park ONLY in designated parking spaces.
- It is illegal to park on Galvin Parkway.
- If you park illegally, tickets will be issued by the City, or your car may be towed.
- The Zoo is not liable for parking tickets received by ZooLights visitors.
No. The EBT Discount Program is not available for ZooLights or any other event at the Zoo. Furthermore, the EBT Discount Program for Sunday daytime admission has been paused until further notice.
No. There is no special pricing or discount for children or seniors. Children two (2) and under are free. Your ticket purchase supports the Phoenix Zoo, a non-profit organization that receives no operational funding from the city or any public source.
- They are available for rent on a first-come, first served basis. Membership discounts may apply. Strollers, wheelchairs and electric convenience vehicle rentals will be cleaned before and after each use.
- The rental area is located immediately to your right after entering the Phoenix Zoo through the main gate turnstiles.
- Animal viewing is limited to only a few exhibits with low lighting. ZooLights is an evening holiday event that does not offer the same animal viewing opportunities as a daytime visit. Possible sightings include zebra, flamingo, Komodo dragon and otter.
- Camel rides are operated during ZooLights hours for an added fee.
Not all Zoo trails are open for ZooLights, however we have added the outer Tropics Trail this year. Unfortunately, our expansive 125-acre facility makes it difficult to light up the entire park.
Yes. During ZooLights you will find a variety of selections at our open eateries. All seating areas will be routinely cleaned.
This is a casual event, so please dress appropriately for the weather. Comfortable, flat shoes are recommended.
ZooLights is still open if it rains, but for the safety of our animals, the camel rides will be closed.
Yes. Desert Market Place Gift Shop will be open in addition to several other pop-up locations throughout the Zoo.
Flashlights and laser pointers are not allowed at ZooLights for the safety of our animals and the courtesy of other guests, but you may take photos or video of the experience.
Due to licensing agreements, music played at ZooLights is not available for purchase at the Zoo. However, most of the music is in the public domain.
ZooLights is open during all types of weather and temperatures. Dress accordingly.
- ZooLights tickets are non-refundable. If you pre-purchased tickets, but are unable to attend, consider giving them as gifts to friends or family. All tickets have a barcode that admit one person. Once scanned, the ticket cannot be used again. Photocopies will not be accepted. Tickets may not be resold and are not replaceable if lost.
- Guests with Cruise ZooLights drive-thru tickets that show up on walk-thru nights or vice versa will not be allowed to use those tickets. Walk-thru tickets are needed for walk-thru nights and drive-thru tickets are needed for drive-thru nights. More specifically, Cruise ZooLights drive-thru tickets are date specific and may not be used on just any given drive-through night, whereas walk-thru tickets are good on any walk-thru night.
- Refunds will not be issued however; we can exchange the ticket for the appropriate event. You will be responsible for the price difference, if applicable.
- Your ticket purchase supports the Phoenix Zoo, a non-profit organization that receives no operational funding from the city or any public source.